CSAC has reached an agreement with the administration on clean-up language to the IHSS statute on the MOE. The language has been amended into AB 110 and the bill will be heard in the Senate Budget & Fiscal Review Committee tomorrow. AB 110 clarifies the language on the supplemental wage to resolve conflicting interpretations of the statute that have held up implementation of the collective bargaining contract in Santa Cruz. There is no opposition and the bill should be on the Governor’s desk within a few days. The IHSS language starts on page 28 of the attached bill. The CSAC letter in support, which is co-signed by CAPA, is attached.
ALL COUNTY LETTERS
- Attached for your review and comment is the draft All County Information Notice that provides clarification regarding the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program definition of “own home” as it relates to IHSS recipients and the manner in which county IHSS offices can use the definition in relation to alternate living arrangements.
We would like to have comments from stakeholders back to us by Monday, July 22, 2019. We would appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to Don Tresca analyst, at Don.Tresca@dss.ca.gov and Rolonda Moen, manager, at Rolonda.Moen@dss.ca.gov.
CICAs letter of response, sent July 16, 2019
- Attached for your review and comment is the draft All County Letter that informs counties of the process for recovery of IHSS overpayments in cases where an IHSS recipient has been convicted of fraud and the court did not order restitution; and of the availability of two new, manually generated IHSS NOA forms advising recipients of the county’s intent to initiate overpayment recovery in these situations. Form NA 1283 ADVANCE PAY RECIPIENT FRAUD CONVICTION - NA 1284 RECIPIENT FRAUD CONVICTION
- We would like to have comments back from stakeholders by Monday, July 8, 2019. We would further appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to Audelia Buntjer, at Audelia.Buntjer@dss.ca.gov and Kitt Johnson, at Kitt.Johnson@dss.ca.gov.
Attached for your review and comment is the draft All County Letter that provides counties with clarification regarding the application of the Able and Available Spouse regulations.
We would like to have comments from Coalition members back to us by Tuesday, July 2, 2019. We would appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to me at Maria Grant, analyst, at Maria.Grant@dss.ca.gov and Victoria Cescato, manager, at Victoria.Cescato@dss.ca.gov.
- Attached for your review and comment is the draft All County Information Notice to remind counties of the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) fraud referral process. Fraud Job Process Outline
We would like to have comments back from stakeholders by Friday, June 28, 2019. We would further appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to Audelia Buntjer, at Audelia.Buntjer@dss.ca.gov and Kitt Johnson, at Kitt.Johnson@dss.ca.gov.
- Attached for your review and comment is the draft All County Letter that provides counties with information regarding the implementation of Assembly Bill (AB) 1811 (Chapter 35, Statutes of 2018) which adds Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) section 14132.971 ,establishing the Public Authorities (PA) and Nonprofit Consortiums (NPC) as the employers of record for Waiver Personnel Care Services (WPCS) providers and extends the same collective bargaining rights that currently exist for In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) providers to WPCS providers, beginning July 1, 2019.
We would like to have comments from stakeholders back to us by Friday, June 21, 2019. We would appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to Sonja Washburn, analyst at Sonja.Washburn@dss.ca.gov and Jedidiah Anderson, manager, at Jedidiah.Anderson@dss.ca.gov.
Attached for your review and comment is the DRAFT All County Information Notice (ACIN) to remind counties of their responsibility to retrieve from the CDSS forms website and mail to IHSS Providers and Recipients the Third and Fourth Violation Uphold Notices for Exceeding the Workweek and/or Travel Time Limits, and the State Administrative Review request form following the County Dispute Process.
We would like to have comments from stakeholders back to us by Friday, June 14, 2019. It would be further appreciated if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to Denise Thornquest, Manager of the Appeals & Administrative Review Unit (AARU) at Denise.Thornquest@dss.ca.gov and Norma Zuniga, Analyst in the AARU at Norma.Zuniga@dss.ca.gov.
For your review and comment is the draft All County Letter that provides counties with information regarding newly enacted regulations within the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) Manual of Policies and Procedures (MPP) concerning IHSS provider general exceptions to exclusionary crimes. We would like to have comments from stakeholders back to us by Wednesday, June 5, 2019. We would appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to me at Charissa.Miguelino@dss.ca.gov and Rolonda Moen, manager, at Rolonda.Moen@dss.ca.gov.
ACIN - Telephone Timesheet System We would like to have comments from stakeholders back to us by Friday, May 10, 2019. We would further appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to CMIPSII-Requests@dss.ca.gov.
COUNTY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PROVIDER ENROLLMENT ACIN We would like to have comments from stakeholders back to us by Wednesday, May 8, 2019. We would further appreciate it if you could assist us by consolidating any comments into a single document and send them to CMIPSII-Requests@dss.ca.gov.
draft ACIN - Advance Pay Overpayment Reply Due: Friday, January 25, 2019
DRAFT All County Letter (ACL) informing counties that, commencing Fiscal Year (FY) 2019?20, IHSS Anti?Fraud Plans will no longer be required for counties to administratively claim Title XIX Federal Financial Participation (FFP) for enhanced fraud prevention, detection, referral, and investigation activities. Reply Due: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
DRAFT ACL_CORI Removal Process from CMIPS - Reply Due: December 14, 2018
DRAFT All County Information Notice (ACIN) regarding updates to the IHSS Providers and Recipients Third and Fourth Violation Uphold Notices for Exceeding the Workweek and/or Travel Time Limits, and the State Administrative Review Request form.
- In-Home Supportive Services Program Notice to Provider Upholding Third or Fourth Violation for Exceeding Workweek and/or Travel Time Limits (SOC 2282, 9/18)
- In-Home Supportive Services Program Notice to Recipient Upholding Provider’s Third or Fourth Violation for Exceeding Workweek and/or Travel Time Limits (SOC 2283, 9/18)
- ACL Tier 1 and Tier 2 Clarification, Reply Due: September 25, 2018 (13 pages)
- List of Disqualifying Convictions (Tier 2) (16 pages)
REVISED NOTICE OF ACTION MESSAGES Reply Due: September 6, 2018
CLARIFICATION OF REGULATIONS REGARDING MINOR RECIPIENTS LIVING WITH PARENT(S) Reply Due September 6 2018
IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES PROVIDER ENROLLMENT SCREENS AND PROCESS CHANGES - Reply Due: August 27, 2018
CDSS SPECIAL TRANSACTION WRIT OF MANDAMUS Reply Due August 13, 2018
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER DISPARITIES REDUCTION ACT [ASSEMBLY BILL (AB) 959] - Reply Due: June 22, 2018
UPDATED IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) PUBLIC AUTHORITY (PA) NONPROFIT CONSORTIUM RATE FORM (SOC 449) AND RATE CHANGE REQUEST PROCESS Reply Due: June 12, 2018
Exemption 2 State Administrative Review (ESAR) Process All-County Letter (ACL) - Reply Due: April 30, 2018
IMPLEMENTATION OF ASSEMBLY BILL (AB) 1436 - IHSS: AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE - Reply due April 23, 2018
AVAILABILITY OF DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES (DHCS) STANDARDIZED IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) FRAUD REFERRAL MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING (MOU) AND COUNTY IHSS OVERPAYMENT RECOVERY REQUIREMENTS
IMPLEMENTATION OF ASSEMBLY BILL (AB) 1021 REQUIRING COUNTIES TO ACCEPT IN- HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) APPLICATIONS BY TELEPHONE, FACSIMILE, IN PERSON, OR IFTHE COUNTY IS CAPABLE, THROUGH ONLINE SUBMISSION. Reply Due: February 20, 2018
- IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) ADVANCE PAY OPTION AVAILABILITY FOR ELIGIBLE RECIPIENTS Reply Due: February 14, 2018
- IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES STATE HEARINGS CLARIFICATION FOR CHANGES IN ADVANCE PAY Reply Due:February 14, 2018
- COORDINATED CARE INITIATIVE (CCI) MONTHLY STATISTICS FOR IN-HOME SUPPORTIVE SERVICES (IHSS) ACIN Draft Reply Due Februry 8, 2018
IMPLEMENTATION OF SENATE BILL (SB) 89 HUMAN SERVICES - Reply Due: December 6, 2017
- Additional Protective Supervision Notice of Action Messages ACL 17-110 October 31, 2017
- Draft ACIN - Deaf Access, Reply Due September 26th
- ACIN - IHSS Assessment Clarification - Update Repy Due September 25th
- ACIN - IHSS Assessment Clarification - updated tools Reply Due Sept 13th
- Fact Sheet 1 - Functional Ratings & Hourly Tasks Guidelines
- Fact Sheet 2 - IHSS Program Services
- Fact Sheet 3 - IHSS Protective Supervision Services
- Fact Sheet 4 - IHSS State Hearing Process
- Fact Sheet 5 - IHSS Social Worker Hearing Checklist
- Fact Sheet 6 - IHSS Social Worker Case Assessment Checklist
- Fact Sheet 7 - IHSS Social Worker Protective Supervision Assessment Checklist
- Additional Protective Supervision Notice of Action Notes Reply due Sept 6th
- Update on IHSS Maintenace of Effort (MOE) Draft ACL, Reply Due: August 1
- Release of IHSS Case Records to Applicant/Recipient or Authorize Representative Reply Due: August 3, 2017
- Update on County IHSS MOE Revision 7/18/2017
- National Voter Registration Act updates draft ACIN Reply Due: July 7, 2017
- ACL Protective Services clarification for ACL 15-25 three environmental modifications - Reply Due July 10, 2017
- CDSS Review Process for Overtime Violations - 5 pages PDF - Draft Comments June 23 2017
- Implementation of the Electronic Timesheet Website for IHSS & Waiver Personal Care Providers & Recipients (21 pages - Draft) Comments sought June 22 2017
- ACL SOC 846 Clarification No Action if Providers have not completed
- Clarification on Auhorization of Medical Accompaniment in the IHSS & Wait Time
- Modifcations to IHSS & WPCS in CMIPS IHSS Standard Timesheet, & Live-in Self-cerification ACL 17-25 (45 pages)
- Implementation of Senate Bills 855 & 873 ACL 15-97 (PDF 3 pages)
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) 41 pages
EPSDT - Guide for States: Coverage and Medicaid Benefit for Children and Adolescents (June 2014)
- Medi-Cal Services for Children and Young Adults (2 pages) What can be received?
Letters of Support
- AB 1909 AB 1909 (Nazarian) – IHSS – Written Translations CAPA
- Western Center on Law & Policy Ltr Opposing FY-2018 Federal Budget Resolution
- AB 279 (Holden) Regional Center Rate Increases September 5, 2017
- AB 1379 Support of increasing local resources for CASp to be sure of public accessibility June 2017
- Oppose HR 2824 efforts to cut Supplemental Security Insurance to offset the costs of the Matural, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program (MIECHV program). (June, 2017)
- SB 239 modernizes California Laws Criminalizing Individuals with HIV May 2017
- Letter to House of Representatives Strongly Opposing H.R. 620, the ADA and Education Reform Act of 2017, May 25 2017
- California Organizarions Strongly Oppose H.R. 620, the ADA and Education Reform Act of 2017 May 25 2017
- TY Letter for Disability Awareness Training April 2016
- SB 218 Ltr of Support - Qualified ABLE Program: Tax-Advantaged Savings Account (Feb 24, 2017)
- SB 239 Ltr of Support - Moderization of HIV Criminalization Laws (Feb 24, 2017)
- AB 1930 Lackey in support of having Social Security taken out of payroll (June 2016)
- SB 1015 Support of Domestic Workers Bill of Rights - March 2016
- Department of Health Care Services’ (DHCS) enrollment strategies and program improvement proposals for California’s Coordinated Care Initiative (CCI)
- The Duals Demonstration: A Glimpse at Lessons Learned Justice in Aging Newsletter, March 2016
- Support of AB-1797, IHSS Applicant Confirmation Number
- SCAN Foundation 2016-17 Grant Letter of Support from GACI
- AB 294 August 21, 2015 (Lackey and Steinorth): Health and Human Services Waiver Transparency
- AB 470 (Chu) – In-Home Supportive Services: Fingerprinting - June, 2015
- AB 474 (Brown and Thurmond) Letter Support for Increase in SSI/SSP - April, 2015
- AB 1235 - Housing for People Leaving Nursing Homes (Gipson) - April, 2015
- SB 199 Encourage Brown to Sign; Add hours for reading to blind as IHSS Task - September, 2015
- SB 199 Two hours added to IHSS Tasks to read to Blind - May, 2015
- SB 405 (Hertzberg) Driving Debt Down Reduces Pymt Schedules for Keeping License - April, 2015
CCWRO Bill Tracker:
California Association of Public Authoities (CAPA)
Independent Living Center Information
State HHS & SS Reports
- Analysis of the 2014 In-Home Supportive Services Consumer Satisfaction Survey (September 2015 - pages 49)
- California's Child Welfare Continuum of Care Reform (January 2015) 56 pages
- CDSS IHSS Senate Budget Sub Committee 3 Hearing Overview
- IHSS Consumer Characteristics Report 2000/01 - 2011/12
- Nursery Facility/Acute Hospital Waiver 2012/01 - 2016/12
- Nursery Facility/Acute Hospital Waiver Renewal Plan Public Input Sought October 2015
- Nursery Facility/Acute Hospital (NF/AH) Waiver Renewal - DRC Questions Public Input October 2015 (6 pages)
- Assembly Budget Report AB 123/SB 97 FY 2015-16 (65 pages) June 17, 2015
- Budget FY 2018-19 SB-840 unsigned
- CAPA Legislation of Interest 2015
- CAPA Wage and Benefit Chart as of March 1, 2018 (Excel)
1. Status of collective bargaining, time period covered in MOU, name of union for each county
2. County MOE adjustments
4. Health benefit hourly amount, # of enrolled providers and providers on waiting lists
5. PA rate broken into wages, health benefits, taxes & admin, # of providers in each county
6. Health benefit coverage and admin details
7. Nonhealth benefits
8. Descriptions of county fiscal protections in ordinances and/or collective bargaining agreements.
- Coalition of California Welfare Rights Organizations 2015 Bill Tracker
- A Shattered System: Reforming Long-Term Care in California (211 Pages PDF)
- United States Legislative Information
- 2015 Congressional Contacts
- Search for California Legislation
- Overview of the State Legislative Process
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
- Health & Human Services Special Session Q&A 2015
- California State Senate
- California State Assembly
- Governor’s Home Page
- Legislative Analyst’s Office
- California Code of Regulations
- The White House
- UDW Summary on Proposed IHSS Cuts
- The California Channel
- The Budget Conference Committee website and agendas
- California Department of Finance
- Legislative Analyst's Office - The Universal Assessment Tool: Improving Care for Recipients of Home- and Community-Based Service
- CICA Legislative Tracking System FY 11/12
- CICA Legislative Tracking System FY 15/16
- CICA Legislative Tracking System FY 15/16 (PDF)
- FLSA Opposition - Sonoma County
- FLSA Opposition - Humboldt County
- Disability Rights California (DRC) - SB-855: Problems
- CAPA Wage and Benefit Chart March 16, 2015